Junior and Sophomore and Senior students have been introduced to NAVIANCE, a Counseling Program which is available to students and parents and we encourage you to familiarize yourself with NAVIANCE. Once you begin to use this program, you will find it to be very informative and useful.
Parents and students may access this program by going to the website: http://connection.naviance.com/holytrinity enter their user name which is their Holy Trinity email address, i.e. Mary.Smith@holytrinityhs.org and their password which has been mailed to their account. You may have to access your email in order to get your password. Most students have already accessed their account.
Family Connection by Naviance is a comprehensive website that you can use to help in making decisions about colleges and career plans. Here are a few sections of Family Connection which we urge you to become familiar with:"About Me" and "About College"
1. MY PROFILE: includes basic biographical data and grade point average
2. MY RESUME; by completing this resume with information about your accomplishments and talents, will help you get a better understanding of how to effectively describe yourself to colleges. It may also help match you to local and state scholarships.
3. MY COLLEGES: as you find colleges that interest you, add them to your list of "Colleges That I'm Considering".
Also, as you apply to colleges, you will track the status of your application under "Colleges To Which I Am Applying".
4. MY JOURNAL: as you investigate colleges , this is an excellent place to chronicle your thoughts and questions.
1. COLLEGE SEARCH: helps you choose colleges that fit your interests
2. COLLEGE LOOKUP: you can research a specific college. From this site you can visit the college's individual website for the most up-to-date information. There is a direct link to the website on each college's Naviance homepage.
3. COLLEGE MATCH: This tool will allow you to use GPA and test score information about students from Holy Trinity and their college applications to match you with colleges that you may want to consider. However this is not a guarantee that you will be accepted to a particular college.
4. COLLEGE COMPARE: You can compare GPA and test scores for accepted students from HT at up to 10 colleges. School averages are displayed in green when your number is higher and in red when your number is lower.
5. SCATTERGRAMS: this amazing tool allows you to visually see how you compare to HT students who have applied to a particular college based on your GPA and SAT/ACT scores.
6. ACCEPTANCE HISTORY: You can see how many HT students have applied and enrolled at all colleges.
AND MANY MORE FEATURES THAT YOU CAN EXPLORE.
You will enjoy working with this exciting and informative program.
Thank you, Sister Barbara